Tuesday, July 4, 2017

USA USA

This week has been great! I am finally figuring out life here in Farmington, becoming more familiar with the area and the people. I can finally help Sister Anderson plan our days because I kind of know what's going on, so life is good. I've discovered some things about me, first and most importantly, I found my new least favorite hobby which is very common in Farmington:

weeding rock yards. IT IS THE WORST. Everyone here has a rock yard because its too hot for grass to stay green, and these annoying pokey weeds grow in between the rocks so people want to make their rocks look nice so they weed them! We've been helping people do that this week and it is my new least favorite thing to do. Literally weeding rocks. The joys of New Mexico.

On Tuesday we got a new investigator, we met her boyfriend earlier and they just had a baby. We were mildly shocked when we found out this couple was 15 years old but they were very kind to us, we'll be seeing them again this week. We also have been teaching a sweet lady who has a cute daughter and we were able to see them this week.

We also do service at this old folks home where we help the residents play bingo. So funny, Sister Nicholes was sitting by this older Navajo lady, she sits down and smiles and says "ya'at'eeh" and sits down, this lady scoffs and rolls her eyes! hahaha so Sister Nicholes just disregards that then points out a couple of numbers she missed, and this lady snaps and says "I dont need your help!" so Sister Nicholes glumly sulks over to a chair by me and says "Can I sit by you? My lady is a little stand-offish" IT WAS SO FUNNY.

Anyway yeah this week was pretty normal, trying people and meeting new people. Not a lot a people have been home I think due to the holiday but we keep going! On Sunday we had a ton of people to try in our planners and we saw 0 people! But we still had a good day.

On Friday we found out that one of our investigators got beat up by his drunk fashion designer roommate who attacked him with a glass mannequin head. Luckily he's ok but just a crazy thing to happen.

We got to walk dogs again on Saturday. My dream come true yet again. I walked a cute big dog named Dusty, he was so good. I taught him sit and lay down, and then he loved me to rub his tummy.

On Sunday we had a really amazing sacrament meeting. One cute young native lady who was recently baptized like 6 years ago went up and bore her testimony. It was so simple and beautiful and she sat down and we were like "that was amazing!" and all she does it ask "did I look fat up there?" haha so cute, and no she didn't look fat. Another miracle on Sunday, one of our investigators who we haven't seen all transfer texted us and set up an appointment and said she has old skirts and shoes she wants to get rid of! Missionary dream come true!

So yeah thats basically the week. This week is zone conference, we will go to Kirtland NM on Wednesday, this is the first zone conference I've had not in Cortez, kind of weird but change is good. I also have exchanges tonight and Sister Hillam is my sister training leader, and I'll be going out with her and Sister Dowd! so funny. Also super weird, Next Monday I'm at 11 months! Seriously doesnt feel like that at all.

TODAY WE ARE FOR SURE GOING TO TARGET AND I'M SO EXCITED
Love you all so much,
Sister Nilsson



her caption: A typical Farmington photo. Rocks and little bottles of alcohol. 




No comments:

Post a Comment